Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We love you Allen Ray Sparks!!! :)

Well, the next few days, we all stayed around the hospital to keep up on the progress of Allen Ray. He was just 1LB 10.3 OZ and was 12 inches long at birth. Sometimes he was doing good and others he wasn't doing to good. Everynight Jason,(father) would go into the nursery and read him a bedtime story. Daddy loved his son so much. The nurses could tell an improvement in the baby's blood pressure everytime one of us came in there and was talking to him. He knew he was loved by everyone of us.

Further test revealed that Allen Ray's insides were not developed. His lungs were not developed, so he was on a breathing machine. All those wires hooked up to him was so pitiful.. He began to regain lots of fluids which made him look bigger than he really was. It was horrible. Allen Ray passed away on April 24th 2007, at 12:43 a.m. He took his last breath in his daddy's arms. That was the most painful moment this while experience. At his time of passing, our little angel weighed 2LBS 2.3 OZ, and was 13 1/2 inches long. He was a little bigger but most of it was the gaining of all the fluids I talked about earlier. This is him after passing!!! ....
We all got to go into an inclosed room inside the NICU to mourn for our loss. We got a chance to hold Allen Ray. It was soo hard to do. At first, I couldn't do it. I could not picture myself ever holding a "DEAD" baby. I did it. I put my fear aside and held our angel..I knew if I didn't I would regret it later in life.
..
We had him out at Norwood Funeral Home on Wednesday April 25, 2007 in Fayette. He was burried in Boones Cemetary on HWY 43 toward Tuscaloosa. We miss him more and more everyday. Our 16 day's with him just wasn't enough.. :(

1 comment:

  1. So heartbreaking. Im in tears! I can't even imagine what all of yall were feeling. At least you know that he is in the arms of God!

    ReplyDelete