Monday, March 1, 2010

We are ENGAGED!!!


On October 16, 2003, Joseph asked me to ride to Wal*Mart with him to pick some paint up for him mom. When we got there, he asked me to go and get a smell good air freshener for his car while he got the paint mixed. So I did. When we left Walmart, we went back home down the State Lake road. I wondered why we were going that way because he always went the main road. Almost at the end, he asked me would I like to stop by my dad's grave a minute. Of course I said yes. After we were there a minute or so, Joseph got down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his pocket. My eyes swelled with tears... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He said,"I know you won't get to have your daddy at our wedding, so I brought you to his grave to tell you I love you with all my heart, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. WILL YOU MARRY ME?" I was still so shocked, I was lost for words. Eventually when I could catch my breath and quit crying I said YES!!
The rest of the months flew by..I felt as if I was on cloud 9.. I have wanted to be with this man for so long, and now we were ENGAGED!!! Who would have known? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment