Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It took 3 DR's to figure out what was wrong with me..:(

I have never hurt so bad in all my life. 2 weeks ago, Joseph and I were at his mother's house and I fell down her front porch steps. It hurt so bad. Those steps were not wood...They were thick concrete steps. I was crying and screaming so bad, Joseph got so scared he took me to the ER. He really thought I had broken my back. After getting to the ER, they gave me some pain meds to ease the pain. I couldn't stand it. By the time Radiology came to get me for x-rays, the pain had eased away. After about an hour of getting back in the room, they came in and told me I just had some briused tissue. At that time, I was so high on the meds I just wanted to go home. Joe brought me home and put me in bed. He is the best!!

They next few days were rough. I couldn't do anything for myself. I couldn't get up outta bed without help, couldn't do laundry, cook, clean...ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING..This was misery. Pure darn misery!!!! I babysit blake so I had to have Stacey bring Blake to me. Come Tuesday, my mother had to come and stay with me to help because my house was getting a horrible mess. The next day I just couldn't take it anymore. I had mother take me to the Northport ER. They are good..Alot better than fayette. They told me they thought I had a pinched nerve..I knew it. That's what I said this whole time. They scheduled me to go see Dr. Claytor (a back DR) the following Friday. I was so scared. ALl I knew that could fix that was a nerve block.

Friday got here and Joseph took me to the DR. I couldn't even sit down to wait on my appointment. I felt like an idiot. :( Not to long after filling out all that paper work, my name got called. I went back and had to put on a gown and wait for the DR. He came in and examined me. To be honest, I don't really remember what he said was wrong but it wasn't what the other 2 Doc told me. All I remember him saying was that he was gonna give me some stronger pain pills, that I needed to lay on the couch or bed on a heating pad for the next week to 3 weeks. I was so mad. I just didn't believe him. I knew it was something different. Little did I know, after 1 week went by, I was feeling much much better. I'm so sorry for doubting him..I was just in to much pain to believe it was gonna heal all by itself.

Here it is 12 day's since I saw Dr. Claytor and there is just little that I CAN'T do now. I've been telling everyone I am 90% normal now..lol It's sooo good to be back to my daily normal routine. YEAH ME!!!! lol

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I missed this on facebook! I thought you were sick with the stomach virus! Oh well, so sorry! Glad your better now!

    ReplyDelete