Wednesday, March 3, 2010



This day will 4ever be tattooed in our hearts. On October 17, 2008, we got a devistating phone call wanting us to adentify a young man's body. They ask us about any distintive marks on his body.. Tattoo's..That's all we could thank of. He had severl, but one inpirticular was a set of praying hands on his right arm..(I believe that's the right arm) They told us YES.. This is the young man they were talking about.. It was my 17 year old brother, Jason Allen Sparks. They told us he had a gun shot wound to the head and he was in critical condition. We all panicked. This was all the way in Mississippi at Tupelo North Medical Center. Like 3 hours away from us. Mother, Ricky, and I drove an hour to Yamper Town,(on the other side of Winfield) to my grandmothers and she drove us to the hospital because she knew where it was at. (A total of 3 hour drive for us.) All the way there we just coudn't believe this was happening to our family. My stepdad, Jason's Father, kept telling us, "I have a horrible feeling about this..Something is bad wrong..I just know he will be dead when we get there..I just know it..I feel it." My mother and I kept telling him to have faith..Maybe they can do surgery and he will be ok. As we were pulling up in the parking lot of the hospital, one of the nurses called again asking us were we were? We told her we were walking into the hospital. When we got to the floor of the ICU, there were several doctors and nurses standing there waiting on us. They took us to a private room. As we walked into that room, I just had the feeling my stepdad was right. They had us all sit down. A DR, the brain surgeon, said to us,"I'm so sorry. I did all I could do to help this young man." My mother said,"He's dead? Is my baby dead?" Their answer was, "YES!!!!!!!" We just broke loose. We just coudln't belive it. My brother was dead. We were only 4 years apart so growning up we were pretty close. Within the next few minutes, they take us back to see him. As we came upon his room, my mother and stepdady lost it. I was there to help them both all by myself. My grandmother didn't help. She just stood there. My mother went into his room. Ricky just stood outside the room lookin in. He just coudn't go in and see his baby boy laying on that bed on life support. After I walked into Jason't room, I turned and saw that Ricky didn't come in with us. I went to him and told him to come. He told me no..I can't..I said, "yes you can and you are. That is your son in there and you will never 4give yourself if you don.t..Lets go." He was like a brick wall trying to move. He went in there and saw him for just a minute. My mother never left his side as long as we were able to stay in there with him. They let her hold his feet. They were so warm, like he really was alive. He wasn't though. We didn't have him a wake at the funeral home because he wasn't able to be viewed. We had him a grave side service at Boone Cemetart on HWY 43 where his son is also burried. The only good thang about this, was Jason was an organ donor. He wanted to save someone else's life if his got ended. The only organs we know of they used was his liver and kidneys. Later on down the road, we found out Jason's organs saved 1 women and 1 man. The woman didn't have any children, but the man did.... If we had to lose our loved one, we are so thankful Jason was able to save the lives of those people...I would just one day love to meet them, if that is ever possible. Part's of my brother is still out in this world somewhere. Here are some of the pics from the day we went and made funeral arrangments and the funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment