Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Positive but Negative Test!! :(

Ever since August 2005, we had tried to have a baby. I had been feeling not like myself for a few weeks now. I didn't thank nothing about it. Joseph suggested me to take a pregnancy test. Because I had taken a million in the past that had negative results, I stongly said no. Well, a few day's later I deciede I would take one. What the heck. We went to the dollar store and got a test. When we got back home, I took the test and laid it on the bathroom counter. I walked out and totally 4got about it. Just a few seconds later, Joseph came running in the bedroom and said, "Why didn't you tell me?" I said, "Tell you what?" He said, "That your pregnant!!" I said, "What?" Then I remembered taking the test and got up and ran into the bathroom. Sure enough, the test was positive. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The next morning we went and got another test. I took it and it was negative. So we were so confused.. That following Monday morning, I called the Health Department and made an appointment to have a test done.
I went to the appointment and took a test and it was negative. Since I had taken my positive test with me, they made me take another one and it was negative still. She sent me into there to take one last test and it was positive... She couldn't believe it either. She had never saw where they were negative and positive test. She told me that I was pregnant, but she wanted to take a blood test to know for sure. I had to schedule to come back and have a blood test. That was like 2 weeks later buecause it was Christmas and New Years and they were booked up. I was pregnant..I couldn't believe it. I came home and when Joseph got home, I told him what was going on. We went those next 2 weeks telling everyone I was pregnant and we were gonna have a baby..We could not have been happier.
When I went back to the Health Department for my blood work, I got news I was not prepared to hear. I was NOT pregnant. I had never been pregnant. I to this day still don't know how those test said positive but they werent. I thank about this experience everyday...I know I never lost a child because I was NEVER pregnant, But it sure does feel like it. I mourn for a child I didn't even have...:(

1 comment:

  1. So sorry! Just because it wasn't there in your tummy doesn't mean it wasn't in your heart! I know that must have been a very tough time!

    ReplyDelete