Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend.

On Thursday night, Rikki and Keith came up from Mississippi to spend a couple of days during spring break at Rikki's Aunt Laura's.  Rikki and Kieth wanted to meet up with Joe and I for Joe and Kieth to meet each other so we planned for Friday night.

Friday, since I was going to Tuscaloosa anyway, I decided to go and start at least 1 of the registry's for my baby shower.  Target is where I went to start.  I had thought it was going to be difficult but it turned out to be pretty easy.  While In Target, I bought Emma several books to start her book collection.  I want her to have lots and lots of books, but this one is sure to be in her "library".

.
It's so sweet and made me cry each and every time I have read or heard it.  I plan to read to Emma each night before putting her to bed.  I want that to me mine and her "special" time every day.  I know we will have lots of "special" times but this will be something we can do as she grows up also.

Back to Friday's events, after leaving Target, I went to the mall and walked around looking at all the different baby stores.  There are so many adorable little outfits but cost way to much for my budget.  :(  I just can't see paying $45 for an outfit that a baby MIGHT get to wear 2 times and that's it.  NOPE..Not something I will be willing to do.  Like for her coming home outfit, birthday, Christmas, Easter...etc I could see it but not for an everyday outfit.

Next stop was Deja Kids.  I love that store.  It's used items but some are outrageously priced.  I did buy Emma a pair of shoes, an adorable Smocked dress that is like 12 months but she will wear it one day, and another little outfit.  By the time I was finished in there it was time to go and pick Joe up from work.

Joe and I met up with Rikki Leigh and Kieth at O'Charleys about 5:30.  Rikki Leigh looked as beautiful as ever.  Pregnancy sure is precious on her little body.  :)  Our dinner date was awesome.  We talked about Emma and the delivery. We also talked about what Rikki and Kieth plan on doing after Emma is born.  They both plan to finish school and get a good job with their education.  I am so very proud of these two.  They have such a good head on their shoulders and for that I am so proud to call her MY niece.

Rikki's Aunts and Uncles also wanted to see us so we all went to back to Laura and Charles's house.  I hadn't saw them in a long time but it sure did feel like old times being there together.  Just wish Mandy and Scotty would have been there.  Auntie Vonnie gave Emma the sweetest little gift.  I am so proud of it.
You swaddle her in it as an infant then when she's older you pull the ribbon out and its a little crocheted blanket. I love it. Definitely something I will keep for Emma to use with her very own babies one day. :)

Joe and I had to cut the night short and leave because we still needed to run to Walmart.  While we were there we picked up this cute little storage cube organizer.  I had been wanting it for a couple weeks to put in Emma's closet to store shoes, books, etc and my hunny finally bought it for me.  :)  Yea, I usually get what I want.  :)


We have worked pretty hard on  Emma's closet.  We had to clean it out, I painted, then had to fix it to hang clothes on.  I love it.  I never in a million years thought I would have a nursery in MY house.  I am so lucky to be able to adopt this baby girl.  :)  When I have my baby shower on May 25, I know the closet will look much different because I will have way more things to store for her.  
I can't wait!!!

Saturday, Kayla and I went to Jasper for her to buy groceries.  Of course, we went through the baby section.  There were many adorable outfits I wanted but needed to watch my budget.  Kayla bought her girls several but I only bought Emma 2.  She already has so many clothes and I haven't even had my baby shower yet so I have got need to not buy another thing.  lol  

Sunday was Easter.  Of course It's a holiday so I was a little sad.  I want to dress my baby up and take him/her places but I don't have one.  NOT YET ANYWAY!!!  The next holiday will be The 4th of July and I WILL have my baby...YiP YIP HOORAY!!!  I will be sorting her everywhere.  HAHA!!  We went to my sisters house and grilled hb's, hotdogs, chicken, and ribs.  Jeslyn and Hannah died some boiled eggs.  I just had to die one for my sweet little Emma Katherine.

Hannah was sharing her egg die with me.  The pink was so light you had to wait forever for it to actually color the egg.

Our little bundle of joy..Emma Katherine Tanner.  I wrote on the egg with a crayon.  I never knew you could do that but my intelligent husband assisted me with his knowledge.  HAHA!!

Joe and I "Waiting on Emma to hatch!"  I thought it was sweet.

This concluded our Easter weekend.  I hope you all had a great time.

Maggie and Sophie look adorable in their Easter HK dresses and matching bows.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment