Saturday, April 6, 2013

Picture overload.

I have ordered a couple things for Emma's nursery.  One of them being a clothes hamper painted to match her bedding.  Here is a picture of her bedding.
I looked and looked for weeks for a perfect bedding for Emma's bedroom but never could find one.  One day I cam upon this one and fell in love.  It was perfect.  I knew I wanted zebra with hot pink but when I saw this I knew it was the one.  It had exactly what I wanted plus a hint of polka dots to make it just that much more girly.  Oh yea....

My sister and I had a yard sale couple weeks ago.  One of my high school friends came to check out what we had.  She is very talented.  I knew she made these adorable hampers so I inquired about one.  We talked about what I wanted and she was sure she could do it.  I sent her a text of what Emma's bedding looked like to be a guide line.  I was certain as long as it was black/white zebra and polka dots with hot pink there was no way to mess it up.  :)
Here is the outcome.  I think it's perfect.  I know the pink on it kinda looks red in the picture but she reassured me it was hot pink in person so that made me feel much better.  She hasn't started on the actual hamper part yet but the lid is finished.  She text me yesterday and said she could be completely finished by this coming weekend.  :)

Joseph's cousin Bethany Waltrip is VERY talented.  She knew I was doing Emma's room in zebra/hot pink.  I received a text message from her of this picture.  I was so excited.  She couldn't have made it any better had I actually told her what I wanted.  :)  I have several things I want her to make for me for Emma's room but I'm gonna wait until after my baby shower... :)) to make sure not to have to many personalized things to hang in her room.  Clutter isn't a friend of mine.  HAHA!!
I'm know some people think I shouldn't have done EK's room in zebra print but oh well.  I know it's not real babyish but I love it.  It's something, I think, she can grow with.  I know I wont grow out of it and want to change it any time soon because I have liked it way to long to grow out of it now.


Here is a sneak preview of EK's closet.  Joe and I worked long and hard to clean this sucker out.  It needed painted very badly because the wallpaper had purple flowers.  YUCK!!  SOOO, one Saturday night Jeslyn had came to spend the night with me and we decided to paint.  It took 2 coats to cover that yucky wallpaper mess.  We had to go to Home Depot to buy a new closet rod to hang all Emma's clothes.
This is the left side of her closet.  Yes, it's packed to the gill.  :))  All the ones on the right side are Newborn-0/3 months.
Those storage bins are full of Maggie and Sophie's clothes and hair bows, and things of theirs.
This is the center of EK's closet.  0-3 month clothing.  I love that storage bin organizer.  It's perfect.  Will be able to store lots of things on it soon.
Right side of EK's closet.  More of her 0-3 month and bigger clothing.  She needs no more clothing that's for sure.

Right after I announced about the adoption, Leah Kennedy Earnest messaged me on FB saying how she was so happy for Joe and I and that she wanted to give me a gift.  One being this turquoise Kalencome diaper bag.  I love it.  I love this color but I really wanted a girly one.  I wouldn't never be able to pay nearly $100 for a diaper bag so I was certain I could add some pink to it.  That's where Critters came into play.
I took it there for her to Put Emma's initials on it.  I love it.  I am so excited to be able to use this adorable bag full of all my daughters things...HEHE!!


Last but not least, I received a FB message from someone I have never met before.  She is the lady I ordered Emma's coming home hair bow from.  She stated that I would be receiving a package in the mail tomorrow.  She went on to say how when someone has a baby everyone is sure to buy baby things and sometimes mommy get's left out so she was sending me a gift for me that I could cherish forever.  I racked my brain trying to figure out what it could possibly be but never could have imagined it be such an amazing gift.
This is what I received.  A bottle cap necklace with Emma's sonor picture on it.  I cried when I opened it.  Wendy put a letter in with the package saying that  it wasn't much but she wanted to send me this necklace so I could cherish Emma's first picture forever.  OMGosh...I just couldn't believe it.  I mean, someone I don't know has took the time to make me something to cherish forever.  I will always hold this necklace so close and dear to my heart.

I'm sorry for the picture overload but I needed to catch up.  I want to be able to remember each detail of getting ready for my little miracle as I can.  I want to be able to ready this back to her when she is older and can understand so she will know how much Mommy and Daddy wanted her.  How much she means to us.  Each and every post will give more detail than I could even tell anyone.  Somehow it's much easier to write out my feelings here than to talk to someone.  At least this is MY blog and I can say what I want; no matter what my feelings are and I don't have someone to think I'm totally nuts.  :))

Mommy loves you so much Emma Katherine Tanner.  Not much longer and I will get to watch your birth mom give birth to you and I'll finally get to hold you in my arms.  I promise to hold you tight and never let you fall or get hurt in any way.  You are my dream come true and as long as I have you and your daddy, Joseph,...I can face tomorrow.  Please know how much I have wanted you and will NEVER take having you for granted.  You are such a miracle baby that I NEVER thought I would get to call mine.  I will always owe your birth parents the world for allowing me to be your mom.  I love you EK..  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment