Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pepperoni Rolls...

A few of my friends and I have what we call a "girls day" each week either on a Tuesday or Thursday and we swap times to cook. This week was my time. I decided to make some homemade pepperoni rolls. I thought I would take the time to show you how I make those. :)



PREHEAT OVEN 325

Ingredients:
-1 pk Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
-2 pk Pepperoni Rolls
-1 pk Mozerella Cheese
-Crisco

Directions:
U wanna get two big baking dishes and rub CRISCO all over the sides and bottom of the pans.  When that is done, take out your RHODES FROZEN DINNER ROLLS.  Place the rolls in those pans with enough room for the bread to rise as they thaw.  When you get them all  nicely layered in the pans, u want to take just a little bit of CRISCO and put on the top of the rools like shown below.  Not to much..
When they rolls have finally thawed, remove all plastic wrap.  U can make them 1 of 2 different ways.  One being take two rolls and mash together as you see in the next picture or just mash out one roll.  Two just makes it a bigger roll.  LOTS BIGGER TO BE EXACT..  lol  After making it look like a small pizza crust, lay it out on a cutting board.
Add your desired amount of pepperoni.  I put 4-6 pieces on mine.  It really depends on how many I'm making and how much stuffing I got.  :)

Next, add your cheese.  U can put as much or as little as you would like.  Me, I like BUNCHES..  Be careful not to add to much because your dough will not stay closed in the oven as it cooks.  I guess I should have also take a few pics of me rolling them because their really is a special technique to also making them look like a "Pizza Roll".  lol  Anyway, just take the right side and the left side and fold into the middle.  Take the bottom and roll toward the tip.  Pick up and finish rolling until completely closed.  When you get them wrapped, just put back into baking pans, sheets...et.  Make sure they are all greased up with the crisco.  Cook on 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.  Remember, ovens do vary.
When rolls are done, they should look like this.  HUGE and golden brown.  lol  They are even still delicious warmed in the microwave.  HEHE!


HOPE YOU WILL TRY MY RECIPE.  I WAS TAUGHT THIS BY MY SISTER-IN-LAW AND THEY WILL LITERALLY MELT IN YOUR MOUTH.

2 comments:

  1. YUMM....sounds good! I'll have to try it when I get off my diet!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing I cant wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete