Sunday, June 30, 2013

First Dr. Visit....8 Days old.


  • Emma is still wearing her newborn clothes.  
  • She's still wearing newborn diapers..Starting to get a little snug though
  • .Not sleeping through the night.  She has been getting up about 3 to 4 times during the night to eat.
  • She eats about every 2-3 hours...Sometimes at night we sill go a little longer before feedings.
  • Other than feedings, we really aren't on a schedule.  I have tried and tried to be but she has one more temper and if she don't want to do something she's not gonna do it.
  • She has the hiccups and sneezes a good bit.  It's cute because after she sneezes she smiles real big.  So precious.  I'm so surprised the hiccups doesn't make her mad.  Most babies getting fighting mad but not Emma.  She acts like it's nothing.
  • She loves to ride in the car.  She can be screaming when I put her in her seat in the house but as soon as we crank the car she instantly hushes.  Spoiled little girl.  :)
  • She doesn't really cry much.  Just mainly when she's hungry.  When I feed her before bed, I swaddle her and lay her in her pac n play and she drifts on off to sleep.  I'm so thankful for that.
  • Since she still has her umbilical cord, she only gets a bath every other night.  But once that thing falls off she will get one every night before bed.  I think baths before bedtime is what will help her to rest better.  Right now she's laying in the sling that holds her above the water so the umbilical cord doesn't get wet.
  • Emma Katherine loves tummy time.  She loves to lay on her tummy.  She is starting to try to hold her head up.  She will have full control of her head before long.  
  • She loves for Joe to sit and hold her.  Every evening when he gets home from work he will shower then pick her up and they will talk together.  :)  She will just lay and look at home in amazement.  I think she loves her daddy.....Just a little.  :)

I finally picked Emma a pediatrician. I chose Dr. Heather Taylor at The University Medical Center in Tuscaloosa.  The reason I chose her is because I am in Tuscaloosa more than anywhere else so I decided it would be best to have one there.  Plus the office is only a couple minutes from Joe's work so hopefully he will be able to attend her appointments also.

On June 21 at 8:30am was Emma's first appt.  She was diagnosed with Jaundice the day she was discharged from the hospital so we had to get her in asap to have that checked.  She was good.  She was jaundice free.

Aunt Jeshia had to take us because daddy had to work and use mommy's car.  She was so excited so thank goodness we weren't a bother.    These pictures uploaded out of order but oh well.  lol  She weighs 8.6 lbs, 74th percentile. Height is 20.3 in, 72nd percentile and head is 13.9in, 70th percentile.  Growing like a weed.












2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! We are going through similar experiences w/ our baby girls! Congrats...Emma is beautiful! Please shoot me an email and I'll share our little one's name...yes, I don't put it on there for fear of the blogger boogie man haha. :). Graceinmyheart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweetie. I can't believe I am just now seeing this comment. I just sent ya a message. :)

      Delete