Sunday, June 30, 2013

Emma Katherine's Birth...Part 3(Coming home)

On Saturday, Joe and I were a total box of nerves.   We felt in our hearts that Rikki and Keith were gonna change their minds about giving us Emma..  We were heartbroken.  When we woke up that morning, we only had enough time to shower quickly, pack everything up, and check out.  We were right on time.

We found things to do while waiting on Rikki to get discharged from the hospital.  Our first stop was Captain D's to eat.  We were starving and was unsure when they were gonna get discharged to eat together so we just ate by ourselves.  While we were eating Rikki called and said they had brought her the discharged papers, just waiting on them to actually release her.  Nerves came quickly after hanging up the phone with her.  Our phones were blowing up people wanting to know if we were headed home yet.  Neither one of us answered the phone because we didn't know what to say.  I think EVERYONE was scared the birth parents were gonna change their minds also.  :(

After eating some lunch, we went to Walmart.  I was unsure if they would send bottles of formula home with Rikki or not and I needed to make sure I had food to feed her while on the way home.  Plus, somehow, Emma's passy's got misplaced so I needed to go get her some new ones before heading home.  About the time we were heading to check out Rikki called and said they were leaving the hospital.

We met them at the mall.The ride there was sooo nerve wrecking.  I was sweating at the palms.  I felt nauseated to say the least.  Was this really about to happen???  Was I really about to get my baby girl????  When we all parked and got out of our cars, Keith got Emma out and handed me her seat.  I was shocked.  :))  We go in to eat and it seemed like the walk was taking forever.  I know it was just because I was anxious.  After sitting down at the table, we talked about Emma and what all the dr's and nurses said about her.  I found out she had a touch of Jaundice.  After they were through eating, we headed back out to the car.  I, again, carried Emma's seat.  :))

When we got back out to our cars, Keith and Joseph started transferring Emma's things from Keith's car into mine.  Rikki got Emma out to hold her.  She was crying and loving Emma up.  It broke my heart to see my sweet niece so upset.

My beautiful niece, Rikki Leigh Stewart...Emma's birth mom.

Keith held her again.  He was also heartbroken.  :(  I was so upset seeing them so upset.  I couldn't stand it.  They are soo brave and for that I am so thankful.
He loves his baby girl so much.  I wasn't to sure about this guy to begin with.  I thought he was going to hurt my Winkie Doodle and I wasn't gonna have it.  But he proved me wrong over and over.  He is such a real man to be so young.  He has stepped up and was with Rikki during her whole pregnancy.  Not only did he make sure she ate right, took care of herself and Emma, he also made sure she was doing great academically.  He's an amazing guy and I am so glad Rikki Leigh has him.  I hope in the next few years they get married and start a family of their own.  
The last picture I have of Rikki, Keith, and Emma. but it definitely wont be the last.  I love these two so much and Joe and I are so thankful for the gift of Emma they have given us.

After Keith held Emma, she handed her to me.  Rikki was so sad.  I turned and handed Emma to Joe and I tried to comfort my sweet Rikki Leigh.  I really didn't know what to say other than  I would take care of Emma to the best I can and that Emma will always know her and Keith.  I'm sure I wasn't much help but I tried.  :((

After starting down the road I just cried and cried.  Joe wasn't sure why I was crying so hysterically because I had Emma.  He said I cried all weekend because I thought she was going to change her mind so why am I still crying.  He didn't understand that even though I was super excited I finally had Emma, I was heartbroken for Rikki.  I hurt for her so bad.  I cried for 2 hours.  :(   I just couldn't stand that fact that my happiness...Something I have waited my whole life on, was something that had broken her heart into a million pieces.  After texting Rikki and her telling me she was ok make me feel better.

Were going home.
We only had to make 1 stop on the way home.  Emma got hungry, needed her diaper changed, and we needed gas.  Emma gave me my first poop to change IN THE CAR.  HAHA!!!  I didn't mind.  Then when we arrived in Tuscaloosa we stopped by Chick fil A to grab a bite to eat for supper before heading home.

The entire time Jessica was texting me ready for us to get home.  She wanted to be waiting at the house when we got here.  Well, since Joe's parents house is on the way to our house, we decided to stop by there first.  They were so excited to see Miss. Emma.
Joe was feeding Emma.  Dub was super excited for her tog get done so he could hold her.  :)  I'm so thankful they are happy to add her to the family.  Joe and I both were worried they wouldn't but they are.  

Daddy feeding his baby girl.  He is so in love with her.

Once we got home everyone started flooding in.  But before everyone got here, Joe wanted to take my picture as I took Emma into the house.  I look rough, but I love these pictures.
Sooo excited to have my sweet girl...FINALLY!!!!!

Oh yea...Taking her into the house.  My little miracle.  

Of course Jessica and her clan had to be the first ones to arrive.  HAHA!!

Jeslyn holding Emma for the first time.

Hannah and Emma.

Bethany, Kayla, and Emma.  :)

MeMe and Emma.

MawMaw and Papa with Emma.

This was the first night at home with this little blessing.  
God is sooo good..Even though we may not think so when things don't go our way. 


I saw this the other day and It reminded me of me.  I spent many many years trying to conceive and not understanding why I thought God didn't see me deserving of this dream.  Now I understand..And I'm so thankful for my sweet Emma.  She is more than I could have ever ask of God.  





No comments:

Post a Comment