Thursday, June 27, 2013

Emma Katherine's birth..Pt.2(The story)

As you can tell Emma's birth story will be split up into many different post.  Hope you enjoy.

Rikki Leigh was scheduled to be induced Thursday morning, June 13.  At 1 am she woke up and her water had broke.  She was scared and woke up her dad and explained to him what was happening.  Their conversation, "Dad, I think my water broke."  "What makes you think that?" "My pants keep getting wet!"  "Ok, Call the hospital...KEITH!!!"
Rikki called us on the way to the hospital.  She had already called her mom, which was good since she could get there faster anyhow.  She was in lots of pain and I felt so bad for her.  :(

I was shaking and scared to death.  I just knew she was going to go into labor before I got there and I was so upset about it.  Since we were prepared to head out in a couple hours anyway, we just had to throw all the last minute things together.  I had to shower real quick before we left while Joe threw everything in the car.  We were showered and headed out within 20 minutes of Rikki's call.

We left here at around 2 and arrived there around 5:30am.  I think we made good timing.  Yes, I agree, I was flying because I wanted to make the delivery.

Upon arriving at the hospital, Mandy met us outside.  The labor and delivery floor was the top floor of Forest General Hospital.  It has it's own parking deck and all.  So we just got to park right out side the hospital door which was nice.  Mandy led us into the Rikki's delivery room.  She was sleeping finally.  Shortly after we got into Rikki's room, the nurses came to check up on her and turned Emma's heart rate monitor up.  I took it uppon myself to video record it on my phone to have it for this blog.  
The most beautiful noise I have EVER heard until she was born.  :)

The wait for Emma to be born was soooooo intense.  Joseph and I were so excited to meet that sweet girl.  Everyone there knows we were adopting her, but some made me feel very uncomfortable.  Everyone got a long but there was sooo much tension.  Lots of people to support Rikki and Keith and sweet Emma and for that I'm so thankful.

Emma was born at 10:55 that night.  It was awesome.  I have never been so happy, excited, and scared at the same time in all of my life.  She was perfect in every way..ESPECIALLY with that dark hair.  HAHA!!!  Joseph and Lee were the first ones to come in to the room after Emma was born.  Joe was crying before he even entered the L&D room which was sooooo sweet to me.  When he saw Emma he melted.  He was instantly inlove with that sweet girl.  Rikki held her first, of course..Then Keith, Me, Lee, then Joe.  Not sure the rest of the line after Joe.  HAHA!!

For the next couple of days we all just hung out at the hospital with Rikki, Keith, and the baby.  Everyone, coming and going...holding Emma.  She got pretty spoiled at the hospital.  :)

The day we brought emma home will be a post all on it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment