Sunday, July 7, 2013

2 week Dr. Appt.

Emma had her 2 week Dr. Appt on June 28th.  Thankfully Joe was off work so he could go with us.  It was so much more relaxing to know he was there with us.  :))

While sitting in the waiting room little miss wanted out of that seat.  Of course Daddy was there to the rescue.  :)  Not sure if you can tell but Daddy loves his little princess....I think just about as much as she loves him.  

Look at that little grin.  Joe always talks to Emma as shes falling asleep.  And this is what Emma does.  She just smiles at him.  It's so precious.


After about a 30 minute waiting period we were called back.  This was the room we were taken into.  Exam Room 4-Jungle themed room.  All the rooms are painted for a different seen.  I think it's so cute.

When you get into your room, the nurse tells you to strip your baby down into a dry diaper and come to the weight room.  Emma was ready to go see how much she weighed this time.  HAHA

Look at my little beauty queen.  :)

Checking heart beat and listening to her lungs.  Perfect baby girl..THANK GOD!!!

                                         
Joe and I weren't shocked to see that Emma had went from 8.6lbs to 9.5lbs in just 1 week.  She doesn't miss a meal, that's for sure.  HAHA..  She is our little chunky monkey that's for sure.
While back in our exam room, it was time for Emma to eat.  She definitely has a set of lungs so when she is hungry you will know it right off.  :)  Joe fed her and then was burping her.  Since she is real gassy you have to burp her multiple times or her tummy will start hurting her.

Dr. Heather Taylor is AWESOME!!!  I am so pleased with her as my daughters Pediatrician.

After Emma's exam, Dr. Taylor asked me if I would like her to remove Emma's umbilical cord.  It was just barely hanging on by one tiny side but if it were to be jerked off she could bleed to death.  I was concerned of it hurting her but Dr. Taylor assured me it wouldn't.  It's dead and has no feeling in it.  So I turned and consulted with Joe and we decided to go ahead and do it.  I had to hold her hands down and the nurse held her feet.  Emma was screaming and it about killed me.  I couldn't stand it.  Dr. Taylor again assured me she's only screaming because we are having to hold her down, not because she's in pain.  


After she cut the umbilical cord off she had to put some silver nitrate on it to stop the bleeding.   Emma was still crying but not as bad as when we were holding her down.  :((

\
My poor baby girl.  Breaks my heart.  But at least I don't have to worry about jerking it off and risk her bleeding to death.

After seeing Dr. Taylor, we had to go around to the LAB and get more blood work.  It's awful.  Emma hates it...As do anyone else.  :(  My poor baby slept all the way around the medical center not knowing what was about to happen to her.  :((


I didn't get any pictures of her getting her blood drawn because I was trying my best to comfort her.  She was crying hysterically and it breaks my heart.  
This picture was taken in the car on the way to Walmart.  As you can tell she was ok almost immediately after I snuggled her up to me. and let her know mommy is never gonna let anyone hurt her intentionally.  Blood work is a have to kinda thing, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment