Sunday, July 14, 2013

1 month already???

I know I'm a day late....but...Holy cow...Where has the time gone?  My sweet baby girl is 1 month old already???  Tear..Tear!!  I had a baby shower to go to yesterday so I just took Emma's monthly picture before heading out.  


My sweet baby didn't want to take pictures today.  lol  She's so spoiled.  HAHA!!

  • We have transitioned her to size 1 diapers.  At the time I switched her she could still wear the NB ones but the box I had was a 76ct box and I knew by the time we got 1/2 way through that box she would have been grown out of them and I would have been stuck with the NB ones.  The size 1 are a little big but not to bad.  I do believe she will be in size one for awhile though.
  • She still eats about every 2-3 hours, most mostly every 2.
  • The past couple nights she has gotten bath, bottle, swaddle starting at 8pm.  She's usually in bed by 9-9:30 and has been sleeping for around 6 1/2 hours, not waking until around 4:30.  I am so excited for better sleeping nights.  
  • Today, she has started sitting alone better.  I will sit her boopy in the recliner and turn cartoons on.  Usually she will sit there for about 5-10minutes without crying but today she has sat there for over an hour watching Doc McStuffins.  She fell asleep there so I just left her there.  She's such a sweet girl.
  • We have already delt with her being constipated.  It was horrible.  She was in so much pain.  After many calls to her pediatrician we finally got it under control.  I am to give her about 2oz of apple juice or white grape juice 2x a day.  Emma doesn't like white grape so we are doing the apple juice.  She loves it.
  • I really wish she liked water but she don't.  I have tried several times to give her water and she makes a face and spits it out.  It's to funny.  HAHA!!
  • Since getting to give her a real bath she loves it.  I am so happy she loves bath time now.
  • I am getting more into a normal routine with Emma.  It's such a good feeling knowing we are getting on more of a routine now.
  • For the most part Emma is still wearing some newborn clothes.  Some are to small but some are to big.  Yesterday Joe put her on a 3 month onesie and it fit pretty good.  It had to have been made small because she can't wear anything else 3 month.
  • Not sure how much she weighs now.  I'm guessing around 11lbs or so.  lol  She will go back to the DR. when she's 2 months old.  That will be time for shots so Im not looking forward to that.
  • We had our adoption court Thursday, July 11.  Our petition for Adoption was granted. :)  WHOOHOO!!!  So I gotta get her name changed on her SS card, her insurance, and WIC.  I'm excited for it to say Emma Katherine Tanner.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment