Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Not sure how to react....But my reaction is followed by a :))

WOW...Where do I start?  Lets see..I'M GONNA BE A MOMMY!!!  No, I'm not prego, but Joseph and I will be adopting in just a few short months.  June 2013 to be exact.  We couldn't be more happier.  The next couple paragraphs or post will explain.  :)

Back in January 2013 we found out my oldest niece, Rikki Leigh, was pregnant.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I was somewhat excited.  To me, no matter what the age, a pregnancy followed by a baby is nothing but a blessing.  I was upset for the fact of my kid niece could get pregnant but yet me being 27 years old and married I still couldn't.  Anyway, we soon found out she was having a GIRL and that made me sooo happy.  GIRLS are princesses and I couldn't wait to buy her hair bows and frilly dresses...etc.  As the days and weeks went on each time I was at the thrift store or at a yard sale and I saw precious little baby items I bought them for Rikki.  I knew that when the time came for her baby shower I wanted to give her TONS of things and I wouldn't be able to spend lots of money at one time.

On February 28, 2013, Rikki had text me and gave me her new phone number.  Her boyfriend had given her an Iphone.  I was so excited because I had wanted to send her pictures of all the things I had bought for her baby and on her previous phone I couldn't.  Rikki end me this picture of her little growing belly.  Isn't it precious???  :))



Anyway, I took it upon myself to start taking pictures and sending them.  As they were all sending I decided to go get in my tanning bed.  Little did I know I was gonna receive a text message that would break my heart like it had NEVER been broken before.



Yes that was the text message I received from my niece.  I was DEVASTATED to say the least.  After her and I talked I  was even more broken hearted.  It broke my heart because I can't have kids, yet she didn't even think about giving her to me.  She said she had thought about a family member but thought it would be to hurtful seeing her daughter calling them mom.


For the next couple days I had my sister Jessica calling me saying she had been talking to Rikki some and Rikki's daddy had also called me and was terribly upset saying he was trying to talk Rikki into giving me her baby.  I had never seen or heard Lee be so emotional but this day he called me he was crying like he had lost his best friend.  He told me how if Rikki gave her baby to a stranger he would always worry about her but that if she gave her to me he wouldn't ever have to worry about her because he knew Joe and I would raise her up right and in a good home.  I never knew Lee really felt that good about Joe and I but it was sure nice to know and it also brought on way more tears.  lol  Now don't get me wrong...We ALL wanted Rikki to keep her baby.  We ALL want her to be able to be a mommy to her baby but if she is really considering adoption, we ALL dont understand why she wouldn't want to give her to Joe and I.  We just don't understand.  Every single time I talked about it or even thought about it it broke me down.  I love my niece more than she would ever know and I told her how I wanted to be the one she chose to raise her daughter but I also told her that no matter what she chose to do I would still love her unconditionally and that would NEVER change.

No comments:

Post a Comment