Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The phone rang.....

On Saturday, Lee had text me out of no where asking me had Rikki called me.  I was like no.  He never text me back so I called him.  He was just wondering if Rikki had called me about wanting to give me her baby.  That kinda threw up a red flag like he knew something.  Then I got antsy.  I was then hopeful that Rikki was gonna choose us but I couldn't let myself think it...NOT YET!!  I couldn't get myself so excited and then not know the outcome of her decision.

On Sunday, March 10, 2013, Joe and I had been cleaning up around the house and looking into a beach vacation in April for our anniversary.  About that time THE PHONE RANG AND IT WAS RIKKI LEIGH....My heart sank onto the floor.  I couldn't make myself answer the phone..I had 1,000,000,000 things running through my head...Could she be calling to tell me she found an adoptive family for her baby, could she be FINALLY calling me to tell me she had chose Joe and I to adopt her baby????  Finally I answered with a scared to death tone.  This is our Converstion to the best I can remember.

Rikki-Kk...I want to tell you something.
Me- Ok baby girl.
Rikki-Keith and I have talked, and I've talked to daddy and I've talked to Mom, and We have decided that we want you and Uncle Joe to adopt my baby.
TEARS START ROLLING DOWN MY EYES!!!
Me-Really????
Rikki-Yes Ma'am.
Me-Now you know this is going to be the hardest decision you have EVER made.
Rikki-Yes Ma'am I know.  But I know this is what's best for my baby and I have do do what's best for her.  Right now that's all that matters to me.
Me-Now Rikki, I don't want you to tell me this now and Joe and I prepare for her and then when you have her you change you mind.
Rikki, No ma'am..I am not gonna change my mind.  I want to graduate school and I want to go to college and I can't do that and raise a baby.  Also with me still being in school I can't give her the life I want her to have.  When I'm older and out of school and married I can have another baby and right now I can give you this baby and make your dreams come true..
TEARS AND REALLY FLOWING FROM MY EYES!!!
Me-Well I need to talk to Joe.  We havn't talked about any of this because we were waiting to see if you chose us or not before we got our hopes up.
Rikki-Ok.  Well you can let me know.
I hung up the phone..WOWDid I really just receive that phone call???  OMG..At this time Joe walked in form the grill.  He is smiling and he said who was that.  I said it was Rikki Leigh.  He said IDK if I want to know what she said.  I just sat and cried and cried and cried some more.  WOW..  I still can't believe it.  What I had been wanting to hear for several weeks now had came true and I didn't know how to act.  The rest of the day all Joe and I could do what talk about the "what if's"  WOW..Is all I had to say!!





No comments:

Post a Comment