Sunday, July 10, 2011

Leftovers...I guess that's what you call it.

I have decided to try something new.  One of the girls I work with was telling me how they cook everyday, but they try to prep ahead on some things.  Like cook hb's tonight and make enough to have some left for the next night and crumble it up for tacos.  Stuff like that, so this is what I came up with.  Chicken and dumplins made from leftover chicken.

Last Thursday, I made some homemade chicken and dumplins....All from scratch.  They were sooo good.  Last night, hubby grilled some boneless skinless chicken breast and we has SOO many left.  Soo, after eating some for breakfast this morning, there were still a good bit left.  This afternoon, I thought about the conversation a friend and I had and I was like what the hey.  I'm gonna try to make some chicken dumplins with this leftover chicken from last night. .

 I went to the store and bought some chicken bullion cubs. I used 10 cups of water and 6 bullion cubs to make my chicken broth.

U had to add them to boiling water so that's exactly what I done.
Waiting on it to start boiling again. 

Here is my grilled chicken from last night.  I'm cutting up 3 pieces.to use.

Flour

The flour/milk mixture.


Here are my dumplins made with leftover chicken.  They aren't done in this picture...I'm sure you could tell that.  lol 

I wouldn't recomend  doing this one to anyone.  They were ok but was NOT near as good as when I boiled the chicken the onther day.  IDK about using other meats the next night for another dish but this one didn't work out as well as I had hoped.  lol  Maybe next time I will try something else but I will continue to make dumplins from scratch from now on.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment