Monday, February 13, 2012

Our "Love Story"

I have saw on one of my blogger friends page where she posted there "love story" for Valentines Day.  I thought I would use her questions and answer them with my very own "Love Story!!"  :)

Here Goes.  :)))




1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Joseph and I actually got together April 9th, 2003, engaged October 16, 2003, and married April 8th, 2006.  :)  I'm pretty good on dates.  :)


2. How did you meet? 
It's kind of a long story but the shorter version is Joseph and my sister's husband, Michael, were best friends growing up.  I fell in love with Joseph the first time I laid eyes on him.  When he walked in the door at my sisters house it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.  Yep, it was. I was only 12 years old and Joe was 23 so he didn't look at me that way at all.  I told my sister and BFF I was gonna marry him one day and I did.  :))


3. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? 
Joseph and I got married here in Berry at the church he grew up in, Bible Missionary.  It wasn't nothing spectacular but it was beautiful to us.  :)) 


4. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
HAHA.  U just had to ask.  lol  I sometimes call Joe my Buggie Bear and he sometimes calls me his Buggie BooBoo Bear.  lol  Yea were crazy, BUT, CRAZY INLOVE.  :))


5. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
His patience.  He used to have alot of patience with me BUT now it's not so good.  lol
His thoughtfullness.  He is always thinking of me and ways to make me happy b4 himself.
His spirit.  No matter what the situation is Joe is always in good spirits about it.  He is always trying to be the one to make things better instead of bad.  


6. Tell us how he proposed?
My father passed away when I was only 9 years of age.  Each and every time Joe and I talked about getting married and moving on to the next stage in our lives, I always brought up my daddy and how he won't ever get to be apart of my wedding.  It just really upset me.  Well, I knew that Joe was gonna ask me to marry him because he took me with him to buy the ring.  Since I'm a chunky girl, we had to send the rings off to be sized to my right finger size.  One day when I got home from school, Joe asked me did I want to ride with him to Fayette to pick up some paint for his mama.  I wanted to always be with him so of course I said I did.  We get to Walmart and Joe sends me to get the paint while he went to do something else.  We both meet up at the registers and head back home.  On our way home Joseph asked did I wanna ride by my daddy's grave since I hadn't been there in awhile.  I agreed to go.  When we arrived there we head on down.  Joe then brings up about how he's sad that I'm sad that my daddy wont be at our wedding when we did get married.  He said, "Baby, I wish your daddy would get to walk you down the isle when we get marred, but since he can't we come to him today."  I turn around and look at him and said what do you mean?  As I turned around I saw Joe was on his knees with my rings.  He said,"I just want you to know how special you are to me and how I plan to spend the rest of my life with you.  I want you to b my wife and share our ups and downs together.  I know times wont always be perfect, we will have some bad times but most importantly we will have some amazing times together.  I love you Katie with all my heart and I'm asking you WILL YOU MARRY ME?????"  I was in total shock but of course I said YES!!!!!  :))) I'm sure some will think getting engaged in a grave yard was crazy, but to me he couldn't have proposed any other way that would be as special to me.  :)


7. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
I have to work tomorrow so we celebrated tonight.  I made a pot of chili and an Oreo Pie.  It was sooo good.


8. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I wanted to go to the movies and watch The Vow but we didn't have the money.  I don't care though.  Just a wonderful night at home with my love is enough.  :)


9. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Marriage is work. If you expect to just go through the motions and keep your marriage fulfilled, it won't happen. Invest in each other and your marriage, whether it be through thoughtful actions, little gifts, doing a couple's devotional together, or attending a marriage seminar. Remember neither of you are perfect, and it takes compromise. 


10.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Love, to me, means happiness.  You have to have happiness to find love.  :)

I hope you enjoyed reading about my Valentines Day story.  :))








No comments:

Post a Comment